Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have an exact replica of your intimate bits? Well, you’re in luck because today we’re diving deep into the world of Clone-A-Willy! This article will cover everything you’ve ever wanted to know about this unique, sexual (and often giggly) DIY experience.
From step-by-step instructions and helpful user advice to the best places to buy your Clone-A-Willy kit, you will find everything you need. Whether you’re curious about creating a personalized dildo or just want a messy, yet fun, experience, read on! Or, if you want to jump to the parts that are most useful for you, just click on the table of contents section.
Table of Contents
- History of the Clone-A-Willy
- What is a Clone-A-Willy Exactly?
- What’s in the Clone-A-Willy Kit?
- Numbers or Specs You Might Want
- Who’ll Like Clone-A-Will & Won’t
- Clone-A-Willy Instructions
- Extra Clone-A-Willy Directions
- How To Clone-A-Willy: Trouble Shooting & Suggestions
- What If My Penis Is Curved?
- Price Comparisons
- Interesting Facts & Celebrity Mentions
- Clone-A-Willy Reviews, Rating, & General Thoughts:
History of the Clone-A-Willy
Believe it or not, there’s an interesting backstory to the famous DIY penis. Back in 1996, they set up shop in the bustling San Francisco Bay area.
Their main goal was to make personalized and safe materials that looked just like real skin. At first, they mainly served the medical and prosthetic industries, but soon enough, everyone was talking about how awesome their products were.
Their molding and casting compounds were perfect for making super realistic movie props and detailed body part replicas. Hollywood couldn’t resist their skills, and they ended up working on horror films and creating mind-blowing special effects. I was just a year later when the penis link popped up.
In 1997, an indie film production asked for their help in making realistic penis replicas in all sorts of shapes and sizes. They gladly rose to the challenge and introduced their DIY kits for the set. The kits became a massive hit. So, they decided to release a retail version for everyone to enjoy.
What is a Clone-A-Willy Exactly?
Making body parts for a movie set can be very complicated. But the company simplified the process for the average customer so they could use body-safe materials to make a replica of their twig (or twig and berries if you buy another product called “Clone-A-Willy with balls”).
After you’ve stirred and poured your way through the instructions, you have something that … well… can be whatever you want.
- You can make one as a gift for your partner.
- Gift it if you go on long business trips so your partner can still “have you”.
- Make one as a gag present or hand out tubes for parties/events.
- Create one with a partner just for fun.
- Do it for the sheer sake of curiosity.
- Any other wonderfully spicy or creative reason that didn’t make this list.
What’s in the Clone-A-Willy Kit?
Each Clone-A-Willy kit comes with:
- Algae-Based Molding Powder: This is the material used to create a mold or impression of your “willy.” 1 bag of molding powder is enough for 1 copy.
- Molding Tube: (2.5 inches wide, 11 inches tall) which also doubles as the product’s packaging.
- Liquid Silicone Mixture: This is the part you pour into the mold to form the final replica. It’s 8oz of a 2-part 100% platinum cure silicone. You add the colored silicone to the clear one.
- Thermometer: The right temp is IMPORTANT for not just the Clone-A-Willy mold but the silicone pouring.
- Stirring Stick: Use the stirring stick to mix your magic.
- Vibrator: It not only makes your dildo a giggly friend, but it also helps clear air bubbles and even out the mixture for a smooth replica.
- Instructions: Detailed instructions are provided to guide you through the entire process.
- Clone-A-Willy Vibrator – Refill XL
- Molding Powder Refill
All materials & packaging are made in Portland, OR, USA. As for #6 and #7, these are NOT included in the standard kit. The XL vibrator is recommended if you have a penis that’s bigger than 9 inches. And if you want to make a dildo that does NOT include a vibrator (you want a solid one), you need to buy extra molding powder.
Numbers or Specs You Might Want
- It comes in a STRAIGHT 11 x 2½ inch clear plastic tube (that’s where you put your ding dong), but you can make it curved. (Notes on that later in the article).
- All standard kits include a 5¼ inch vibrator.
- The silicone is an 8oz jar of the 2-part 100% platinum cure silicone.
- Since it’s silicone it’s non-porous and easy to clean. But still make sure to clean it well.
- Color popularity seems to be ranked as (from most popular to least) – flesh tone, light or medium brown, dark brown, pink, glow in the dark, purple, then blue.
Who’ll Like Clone-A-Will & Won’t
|For those who:||Not for those who:|
|🟢 Want premium silicone|
🟢 Enjoy DIY projects
🟢 Don’t mind some mess
🟢 Want a high-quality kit
🟢 Like something that vibrates
|🔴 Don’t like messy endeavors|
🔴 Can’t keep an erection for long
🔴 Are impatient
🔴 Insist on a “perfect” replica
🔴 Can’t stand mistakes
Here’s the thing. There are technically TWO sets of instructions. First, there are the ones included in your purchases. Then, there are all the other suggestions that the company and customers have come up with to make the experience and final product as good as possible.
First, we’ll cover the general steps:
- Find a comfortable space to work in that has plenty of light.
- Organized all your materials and tools from the kit on a table or counter.
- Read through the instructions (and even watch the video) carefully before starting.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Read the instructions!
- Mix the molding powder with water, following the precise measurements given in the instructions.
- Stir the mixture until it reaches a SMOOTH and LUMP-FREE consistency.
- Pour the mixture slowly and steadily into the tube to avoid air bubbles or unevenness.
- Insert your semi-erect penis into the mold mixture.
- Let the mixture set for the recommended time.
- Gently remove yourself, being extra careful to keep the mold intact.
- Mix the liquid silicone exactly as the instructions tell you.
- Slowly and carefully pour the silicone into the mold. Make sure it fills every nook and cranny.
- Let the silicone cure for around 24 hours.
- Carefully remove your Clone-A-Willy from the mold after curing.
Extra Clone-A-Willy Directions
Although the instructions and videos are fairly clear, there are far more tips that the company and customers have gathered to fine-tune the process (or at least point out things that might accidentally destroy your masterpiece).
- Make sure your working surface is smooth and sturdy.
- A piece of cardboard with an X cut in the middle can help the vibrator stay in place while the silicone is curing.
- Use markers and/or tape for a better and more accurate trimming process (because you have to cut the tube to a certain length based on your doodle size.
- More products than you need (or buy two tubes) in case you make mistakes and you’re determined to have a nice willy in the end.
- If you don’t have a penis to put in the mold, just use a regular dildo.
- Some say that semi-erect isn’t good enough if you’re prone to deflating. Wear a cock ring (yes, they have a Clone-A-Willy cock ring if you want), have porn on, and have your partner “do things”. Whatever you need. Again, this is if you want a really nice “copy”.
How To Clone-A-Willy: Trouble Shooting & Suggestions
Even with detailed instructions, things can go haywire. Like having warm hands isn’t good for making pastry or living in high altitudes changes baking times, or whatever. If you’re naughty DIY isn’t going according to plan, here are some common problems…
- Properly clean and sanitize the tools and equipment before you dive in.
- Make sure your working area is CLEAN and DUST FREE when you’re doing the molding, otherwise, things will “show up” on/in your silicone.
- As long as the packaging is intact there is no expiration date. The materials will be fine. But check for cracks or rips in the product if you’ve been lugging it around.
- Don’t use FORCE during any part of the process. You see the word “gentle/gently” a lot. This is for a reason.
- Make sure there are no bubbles in your mix. This is important to get a smooth and realistic casting.
- Warm water might make the alginate mix sets too fast. If this affects your cast, just scrap it. There’s no salvaging it.
- If you’ve added too much water to the mold mixture and it’s too thin, you’ll have to do it over. The end product will be a very deformed-looking wiener.
- Trying to make adjustments to the size or shape after the silicone has set will only lead to disaster.
- Don’t ignore unusual or strong smells that come from the materials!
- Don’t ignore discomfort, irritation, or reactions at any point in the process.
What If My Penis Is Curved?
Men’s nether regions come in all shapes and sizes. And if the straight tube doesn’t work (meaning if you insert it into the mold and it ends up breaking through and touching the outer plastic case), there’s an easy hack to make a Clone-A-Willy curved.
The process usually takes about 2-3 hours from start to finish, depending on your experience level and familiarity with the instructions. Then there’s the 24 hours of curing time for the silicone.
Yes, the materials are non-toxic and safe for intimate use. Silicone is non-porous and body-safe.
Nope. One kit makes one penis. If you want more, you’ll have to buy another pack or replacement materials.
Yep! You can buy refill packs to create whatever color design you want – even getting to a skin tone as close a match as possible by mixing the various flesh tones. However, just know that the replacement silicone pots aren’t cheap.
No. You can have a solid toy. The vibrator just helps get rid of air bubbles. And you’ll need to buy more silicone if you want it solid.
There are kits for just the penis, penis & balls, you can copy your vagina, or you can copy your vagina to attach it to a masturbator for your partner.
Best practices are cleaning any silicone sex toy with warm water and mild soap (unscented), drying thoroughly, and then storing it in a cool, dry place. Also, keep it out of sunlight and store it in a baggie or in the original packaging to prolong its lifespan.
Totally. Water-based lubricant is the best (and usually is with most sex toys). Never use silicone lube because it will degrade the toy.
The age restrictions and legal requirements for purchasing the Clone-A-Willy kit may vary depending on your location. It’s best to check with your local laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
If you’re worried about reactions. Do a simple patch test. Apply a small amount of the materials on a small area of skin and wait to see if there are any reactions.
It’s recommended to consult with your healthcare provider before using the Clone-A-Willy kit if you are pregnant or nursing. They can provide guidance based on your individual circumstances.
Yes. Know one will know what you’ve received in the mail, unless you want them to.
“Unfortunately, due to the intimate nature of the product, we cannot accept returns or exchanges once the kit has been opened or used. However, if you have any concerns or issues with your purchase, please reach out to our customer support team, and they will be happy to assist you.” ~ From Clone-A-Willy website.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Avoid buying from stores like Amazon or eBay. The sellers there are notorious for shipping counterfeits made from unknown materials.
Interesting Facts & Celebrity Mentions
The Swedish Singer Måns Zelmerlöw was mentioned in a forum post, with the implication that he had done a “Clone-A-Willy”. But this came from a comment not a confirmed fact.
Pop star Justin Bieber was offered $1 million by the company to make a cast of his penis. This offer was made in response to naked photos of the star that had been leaked while he was on holiday.
And from the Clone-A-Willy booth, the company shared some celebrity appearances…
“No one embodied the vibe of our brand like Jennah Brittany (left) and Laura Clery (right). These social media sensations are total babes and love the sex-positive goal that our product stands for! Keep an eye out on YouTube for their upcoming Clone-A-Willy sketch!”
@missjaydmv // @LauraClery
“My dick is like super size! Your dick look like two fries!” There was never more of a match made in heaven than Mickey Avalon/@mickeyavalon and Clone-A-Willy. We had the pleasure of singing “My Dick” with this raunchy singer/songwriter, which made us feel pretty dang cool.
Farrah Abraham/@F1abraham was a total breath of fresh air to chat with! Not only is she drop-dead gorgeous in person, but she couldn’t hold in her excitement over our new Glow Kits that come in three colors!
Clone-A-Willy Reviews, Rating, & General Thoughts:
Amazon: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (4 stars)
Many customers found the product easy to use and were impressed with the quality of the replica. Some mentioned that following the instructions carefully ensured better results.
ProductReview.com: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (5 stars)
Customers loved the Clone-A-Willy kit, calling it fun and exciting to use. Positive mentioned the accuracy of the “copy” and how clear the instructions were.
Trustpilot: ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (3 stars)
Some users reported issues with the molding materials, like strong odors or difficulties with the process. However, others loved the product’s concept, and when used correctly, they were satisfied with their Clone-A-Willy results.
Reddit: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (4 stars)
Many Reddit users were pretty happy with their experiences. Most talked about its efficiency and accuracy of the final product. Some users appreciated the customizable options.
Instagram Influencer Reviews: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (5 stars)
Many influencers said they were ecstatic with the Clone-A-Willy kit, showcasing their creations and praising the outcome. They liked the ease of use, quality of materials, and overall fun of making it.
Whelp! There you have it, just about everything you’ll ever need to play around with this DIY dildo kit. And if you’re still staring at the entire thing with confusion, you can just look at it as a journey of self-expression, exploration, and fun.
Whether you’re looking to spice up your intimate moments or simply share a laugh with your loved ones, the Clone-A-Willy, and its brother and sister products are sure to bring joy into your life. I 100% recommend that of-age people try this at least once in their life, even just for bragging rights or conversation starters.
Other Interesting Articles
- The Ultimate Guide to Scoring Free Sex Toys: Insider Tips and Tricks
- 10 Useful Tips for Buying Your First Vibrator, Dildo, or Bullet
- Calor vs Max2 by Lovense – Which Is Better For You?
Anything you want to add about the entire Willy process? Share in the comments!