Lovese has come out with a new version of their male masturbator, Max 2. So, in the name of science my male tester agreed to give Max another go and then compare it to Max 2 – yes, so much twisting of arms, begging, and coercion.
The packaging isn’t really that different from before – just bigger to accommodate a slightly larger toy. Sorry, I lost my old Max box ages ago, but I’m sure you’ll find stuff online what it would look like (not that it’s really important). It gives you the basic info (front and back) on the essentials so you can decide if you want to invest in this masturbator.
Inside there is the magnetic charging cable as well as a Quick Guide (with visual instructions) and a longer User Manual. The Quick Guide is fine for simple things like how to turn it on and off, but the really useful information is in the manual. I highly suggest you read it carefully before trying the toy.
FOR EXAMPLE: On the bottom of the toy, there are two openings which need to be open or closed at certain times (like during use vs cleaning).
There are now TWO sleeves to choose from…
- Clear, neutral ring holE, “realistic” vaginal textures within the sleeve.
- Pink TPE, vagina-shaped opening, even pattern texture.BUMPS within the sleeve.
- The original Max used the pink TPE sleeve
- Max 2 comes standard with the neutral ring / clear sleeve
So what’s the REAL difference?
The problem you’ll find with most men is that they can’t really identify WHY they like a certain texture – it’s always “I just like the feeling better”. There are some other features that can be measured; such as softness and tightness. The new sleeves for Max 2 feel a tad softer.
“The new sleeve definitely felt better and tighter” was the best description I could get from my partner.
Left to right – inside of Max original sleeve, Max 2 neutral ring, and Max 2 Vaginal opening
The bump on the right-most toy is to accommodate the new vibrator.
OUTSIDE THE TOY
Our little Max has grown to a big boy.
- The biggest thing you’ll notice is the “ribbing” (I guess I’ll call it). While the old case was smooth, this one has a texture which makes it much easier to grip.
- The air vent (which controls how strong the suction is) has gone from a simple piece of rubber that detached from the ring (revealing an air hole), to a sliding switch. You’ll have to decide if you like it open or closed because it’s quite hard to move the switch (especially with lube on your hands). It was so stiff, at one point I was worried I would break it.
Original Max – one air vent. Max 2 has an air vent, pressure vent, and emergency release.
- One of the holes must be OPEN while playing and CLOSED while washing (or it could damage the toy).
INSIDE THE TOY
The old Max had contractions and vibrations. Max 2 has them as well. However, you can see the vibrator has got a bit bigger (and more powerful) and the “airbags” and give 360-degree contractions.
USER REACTIONS & OBSERVATIONS
The new sleeve was, by far, his favorite.
However, there is a molding defect inside the sleeve. It doesn’t affect feel during use, but Lovense has promised to fix this flaw.
I would suggest using LOTS of lube with this toy – with either sleeve.
The ring must fit inside the toy so the top bump is flush with the toy ring – HOWEVER, since the silicone is softer and easier to move, you could push the sleeve INTO THE TOY if there is too much friction.
When there is enough lube, if does feel great and the sleeve won’t move around.
I do have a qualm with the packaging of the vaginal sleeve – it’s just plastic – exactly what you see here. However, I’ve asked and they are currently designing a proper sleeve to go over this.
Max has been in need of an overhaul for a looooong time, and I’m glad it finally got it. Also, most, if not all the changes have been based on customer feedback. My tester was very happy with the difference – the contractions didn’t really add THAT much to the experience, but the vibrations certainly did. The difference was noticeable (powerful) and it didn’t take him long to “finish” his homework.
It also still retains its connectivity to some of the other Lovense toys (like Max 2 to Max 2 or Nora).
I think it’s a huge improvement over the previous model.
If you want to give it a go yourself, you can find it here…
Want more interesting or useful reads? Check out these…
- The Boobgina Masturbator – It’s Really Not That Weird
- The Magical Pocket Pussy – Big Guide to Masturbation Sleeves
- The Best Lubes – A Comprehensive Guide on the Slick Stuff
Anything you want to add? Share in the comments!